We’re joining a National Silent Support Weekend where leagues and clubs across the country are asking all spectators and coaches to show their support through applause only when the match is in play. This gives players a better opportunity to find their own voice and develop their game.
What to do at the Silent Weekend?
• Allow players to make mistakes
• Allow players to make their own decisions
• Applaud good play and effort from either team
What are the benefits of the Silent Weekend?
• Players can concentrate on the game and not be distracted by the touchline
• Players develop independent learning and decision-making
• Coaches can assess the teams’ communication skills